Herbalicious Gourmet Set
- Oh Four Bisque items*: Coupe Serving Bowl (#21671); Asian Sake Decanter (#24805); Puzzle Vases (side) (#25810), five
- Concepts Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica*: Light Straw; Light Delft; Dark Delft; Bright Nautical; Bright Kelp; Light Kiwi; Bright Kiwi
- French Dimensions French Delft*
- Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze*
- Signature Brushes*: Liner, #1; Round, #6; Fan Glaze, #6
- Masking tape, 1/2”-wide
- 1. For best results, read manufacturer’s instructions before beginning project. Use photo as design placement guide. Let paint dry between coats.
- 1. Lightly damp sponge ware to remove any dust.
- 2. For puzzle vases, use tape measure and pencil to mark off each end of vases with a 1”-wide band at top and bottom. For decanter, mark off 1”-wide band at bottom. For serving bowl, mark inside and outside with 1”-wide band.
- 3. Apply masking tape to bands on each piece.
- 4. Use fan glaze brush to apply three coats of Light Straw to center sections of each piece.
- 5. Remove tape. Remove any misplaced color with damp sponge.
- 6. Remove tape. Remove any misplaced color with damp sponge.
- 7. Use #6 round to apply three coats of Light Delft to remaining areas, butting color against Bright Nautical bands.
- 8. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer designs and lettering to front of each vase and inside bowl.
- 9. Use liner to apply two coats of Dark Delft to lettering, keeping color very neat. Let dry between each coat.
- 10. Mix equal parts Bright Kelp and Dark Delft for green mix.
- 11. On each herb, use liner to paint: Sage:
Light Kiwi on back leaves, Bright Kiwi
and Bright Kelp on other leaves, Light
Kiwi on stems, veins green mix; Basil:
leaves Bright Kiwi, veins Light Kiwi;
Thyme: stems Light Kiwi, leaves with
liner loaded in Bright Kelp and tipped
in Light Kiwi; Rosemary: liner loaded in
Bright Kiwi or Bright Kelp and tipped
in Light Kiwi for each leaf; Mint: New
leaves Light Kiwi, remaining leaves
with blend of Bright Kiwi and Bright
Kelp, veins green mix.
- 12. Use pencil to lightly sketch wavy line on all Light Delft bands. Apply three coats of Bright Kelp in “S” strokes to lines keeping color neat.
- 13. For each leaf, load liner in Bright Kiwi and tip in Light Kiwi and create small press drop leaves. Apply a second coat.
- 14. Use French Delft to apply small dot clusters along stem lines at leaf clusters on each piece.
- 15. Thin and roll Pure Brilliance inside
each vase. Pour out excess. Use fan
glaze brush to apply one coat of Pure
Brilliance to remaining areas of pieces,
being careful not to smear design.
- 16. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- 1. Use pencil to mark a 1/4”-wide band
next to each Light Straw section, then apply masking tape again at this band.
- Use liner to apply three coats of Bright Nautical to 1/4”-wide strips
on each piece carefully butting color
against Light Straw bands. Let dry
between each coat. Also apply vertical
strips on decanter.