Trés Chic Purse
- Wooden Purse Blank (available at AC Moore)
- Vintage image to fit front of purse
- Vintage or new buttons
- Assorted flat-back foiled crystals
(Swarovski): Jet; Crystal; Alabaster
- Clear plastic letter charms (Jo-Ann)
- Black plastic and Siam crystal banding (Swarovski)
- White paper
- Flourish stamp (Inkadinkado)
- Archival Ink Jet (Ranger)
- Ink pads (Ranger): Adirondack Red Pepper; Distress Vintage Photo
- Distress Crackle Paint (Ranger): Snow Cap
- FolkArt Acrylic Colors (Plaid): Licorice
- 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue (Beacon
- Matte Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Silver Rolling Ball Pen (Sailor)
- Black fine-tip permanent pen
- Heat-it Craft Tool (Ranger)
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Natural sea sponge
- Screw driver
- Remove hardware from purse.
- Basecoat entire purse Licorice. Let dry.
- Prepare image for purse. (Note: Designer scanned, sized and printed image on a photoquality printer. Always use permission-free images for your work.)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to découpage image to purse. Let dry. (Note: Smooth any bubbles with brayer.)
- Paint sides of purse with think strokes of crackle paint. Let dry.
- Use sea sponge to dab small amounts of crackle paint on front of purse and around edges of image. Add a few small dabs on image. Let dry.
- Use Distress ink on foam applicator to rub into paint for an aged appearance.
- Use applicator to dab some ink around edges of image and on paint dabbed on image.
- Use Red Pepper ink to stamp flourish on front of purse.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge over front of purse. The ink will run a bit, but try to keep it all in same area and
clean brush before painting over focal
- Use heat tool to partially dry
Mod Podge so it begins to bubble.
- Dab this with sea sponge in painted
areas to pick up some decoupage medium and create texture for a beeswax effect.
- When dry, rub thin layer of distress ink across it with foam.
- Dab thin layer of paint over inked
portions of front of purse using small
corner of sea sponge. Let dry and add
distress ink again with foam.
- Glue buttons around edge of photo. Let dry.
- Adhere white paper to back of clear
tiles to spell “Très Chic”, trimming excess. Glue letters to sides of photo.
- Use pens to add details to red inked portions of purse.
- Ink stamp with black and randomly dab it around edges of purse.
- Paint sides and back with Mod Podge.
Trés Chic Purse