Merry Elves Place Markers
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: Cone, 2-3/4”; Ball, 1-1/2”
- Felt: red, green, lime green, white
- White craft boa, 4-1/2” length
- Wiggle eyes, 7mm, two
- Pink pom-pom, 1/8”
- Rick rack: red or green
- Key tag, 1-1/4”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bright Green, Flesh Tone, Holly Green, Primary Red
- Loew-Cornell American Painter Paintbrushes: Wash, 1/2”; Shader #10, 14
- Red chalk or blush
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice! Glue, foam dimensional dots
scissors, ruler, pencil, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface), sponge scrap
- Print out patterns. Cut patterns from felt.
- On covered work surface, paint cone Primary Red, Bright Green, or Holly Green. Paint ball Flesh Tone. Let dry.
- Adhere ball to top of cone. Adhere eyes and pom-pom nose to head. Rub red chalk on face for cheeks. Draw smile with marker. Adhere boa around bottom of head for beard. Let dry.
- Wrap and adhere straight edges together on hat to form cone. Adhere red rick rack to green hat or green rick rack to red hat. Adhere hat to top of head.
- Adhere belt around body. Write name on key tag; adhere to center of belt using foam dot.
- 1. Cut 2” squares from kitchen sponge and have kids sponge paint cones and balls.