Hedgehog Punch Needle Cuff
- Felt: light brown, 5”x12”; dusty blue, 2-1/2”x12”
- Off-white linen fabric, 12”x12”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Black (310), Brown-LT (434), Brown-MD (433), Coffee Brown-DK (801)
- Embroidery hoop, 8”
- Small needle punch needle
needle, cotton, scissors, tracing paper, fabric pen, pins, iron and pressing surface
- Print out pattern. Trace design onto center of wrong side of linen fabric. Position fabric in embroidery hoop.
- Thread needle punch needle with two strands of 310 Black floss. Working with right side of fabric facing up, needle punch hedgehog eyes and nose using small stitches.
- Thread needle punch needle with two strands of 434 Brown-LT floss and with fabric right side up, work hedgehog face using very small stitches. Stitch ears in same way using 433 Brown-MD floss.
- Thread needle punch needle with two strands of 801 Coffee Brown-DK floss. Turn work over so wrong side is facing up. Work line of small stitches around hedgehog body. Fill in body using small stitches. If desired, set tool to use small loop for first two rows and then increase size of loop for remaining rows. Repeat for all three hedgehogs. Remove linen from embroidery hoop; press.
- Measure circumference of wrist and add 1-1/4”. Cut brown felt to measured length by 2-1/2”-wide. Pin ends; position cuff on wrist and adjust size if needed. Remove cuff. Sew felt into circle, overlapping ends. Cut second length of brown felt long enough to go around cuff. Sew both pieces together using blanket stitch around top and bottom edges.
- Cut dusty blue felt strip to 2” wide by length of cuff; sew strip to cuff using straight stitch.
- Cut linen to 3-1/2”x10” strip; turn edges under. Iron folds gently and pin linen to blue felt, leaving small amount of blue felt showing. Tuck ends in neatly. Sew linen to cuff using invisible stitch.