Cross-Stitch Woodland Pine Sachet
- DMC 14-count White Aida, 3-1/2”x6”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Green cotton fabric, 3-1/2”x6”
- Green gingham ribbon, 1/2”-wide, 11” length
- Pine balsam
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Tapestry needle
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- Straight Stitch: >1 strand
needle, scissors, straight pins
- Cross-stitch design centered on fabric using two strands of floss.
- Straight stitch pine tree using 702 Kelly Green, 3818 Emerald Green, and 321 Christmas Red. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Position finished design face down on green fabric. Layer ribbon between fabric pieces so ends of ribbon align with top edge of fabrics. Pin fabric pieces together.
- Machine-sew fabric pieces together, stitching along second Aida row beyond cross-stitched border. Begin on bottom edge about 1/2 from corner and work around sachet, leaving opening at bottom, and sewing through ribbon ends at top.
- Turn finished piece right side out. Fill sachet with pine balsam through opening on bottom edge. Fold raw edges to inside and stitch opening closed using needle and thread. Knot ends.