Embroidered Felt Tags
- Felt, in assorted colors
- Embroidery thread
- Polyester stuffing, small amount
- Cardboard, scrap
- Small beads: pink, yellow
- Pin back
- Embroidery needle and hoop
- Freezer paper
- Pinking shears
- Fabric glue
scissors, iron and pressing surface
- Print out patterns. Iron freezer paper on low-heat setting (with shiny side down) directly on felt. Cut pattern from felt. Remove freezer paper.
- Position large piece of backing felt in embroidery hoop; secure in place. Pin felt monogram or tree (with trunk tucked underneath bottom edge) directly on backing felt. Use embroidery needle and thread to outline monogram design or tree using backstitch. Knot and clip thread ends.
- For monogram, cut small green felt leaves; embroider leaves on top and bottom edges of monogram using straight stitch down center of each leaf. Cut 1/8”-wide strips from felt; roll felt into flower shape; secure to top and bottom of monogram using needle and thread. Knot ends. For tree, attach small beads (ornaments) on tree; knot ends. Use red thread to add long straight stitch garland on tree. Add small blue and off-white straight stitch stars around top of tree. Knot ends. Use fabric glue to adhere star onto top of tree; let dry.
- Cut brooch shape from cardboard for each; position on felt and cut out shapes adding 1” border (for base). Use pinking shears to trim around base.
- Position embroidered design, batting, and cardboard together on work surface; use needle and matching thread to secure layers together. Trim excess felt. Adhere design onto felt base.
- Attach pin back to center back of base.