Vintage Snowman Collage Frame
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: Sheet, 1”x12”x36”; Balls, 1”, 2”, and 2-1/2"
- Mat board, 8-1/2”x11”
- Sheet music patterned paper, 8-1/2”x11”, three sheets
- Silver snowflake ornament
- Snowflake buttons, six
- Dark brown plastic-coated stem wire
- Hemp twine, assorted thicknesses
- Cream twill ribbons: measuring tape, 1/2”-wide; alphabet, 1/4”-wide
- Gold/silver mini tinsel trim
- Black felt, scraps
- Cream wool roving, scraps
- Pearl ball-head straight pins
- Acrylic paints: orange, cream
- Krylon Glitter Blast Glitter Spray
- Liquid craft glue
scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, ruler, fine-tip marker, pencil, wooden toothpicks, foam paintbrush, cosmetic blush, dental floss, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- To cut frame, see Fig. 1. Using ruler and marker, draw tree shape onto foam sheet.
- Tear 24” length of dental floss. Holding floss taut, pull straight down through foam on long edges and base. Cut remaining edges with craft knife.
- Adhere paper to front and edges of frame, overlapping and trimming as needed to create collage-style look. Let dry.
- Using foam brush, pounce cream paint along frame edges. Let dry.
- Using photo as guide, wrap frame with twine and ribbons, adhering ends at back. Adhere snowflake buttons as desired. Let dry.
- Adhere one sheet of paper to back of frame, over opening; trim as needed. Cut same-size piece from mat board and adhere to back of frame. Let dry.
- With shoes on, place foam balls on floor and carefully step on each to flatten.
- Position foam balls like snowman and join using glue and toothpicks. Paint snowman cream. Let dry.
- Using pencil tip, dot face with eyes and mouth. Paint 1/2” end of toothpick orange for nose; let dry. Cut and insert nose into face. Blush cheeks with fingertip.
- Insert pins into snowman for buttons. Cut and twist wire into two arms; insert into body.
- Using glue and toothpicks, secure snowman within frame opening. Pin small pieces of cream roving to bottom for snow. Pin one roving length to neck for scarf. Form tinsel into small wreath and adhere to one arm. Hand-cut small hat from black felt; adhere to head. Let dry.
- Adhere snowflake ornament to frame. Spray entire frame with glitter spray. Let dry.