Easy Bleach Resist T-Shirt
- Grafix Extra Tack Frisket Film Sheet, 9”x12”
- Printer paper
- Computer and printer
- Spray bottle
scissors, masking tape, credit card, rubber gloves, plastic tablecloth (to cover work surface)
- Print desired image at size needed for t-shirt. (Note: You will only see silhouette of image.)
- Tape film over paper image and cut around outside of image.
- Remove paper backing from film cut-out and adhere to t-shirt, positioning film so there are no wrinkles or bubbles.
- Burnish film to t-shirt using smooth, flat object such as a credit card.
- Insert cardboard inside shirt so bleach doesn’t bleed through to back.
- Fill clean spray bottle with small amount of bleach.
- (Note: Protect skin, eyes, and clothing from contact with bleach. Locate open work area outdoors to prevent bleach damage.) On covered work surface, lightly spritz shirt with bleach. Stop when desired level of lightness is achieved.
- Rinse t-shirt thoroughly under water to stop bleaching process.
- Remove film to reveal nice sharp outline of image.
- Machine-wash t-shirt separately once before wearing or washing with other clothing.
- 1. Visit the Grafix YouTube channel for a video demonstration of this project. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xTeYwt24Ek)