Home Tweet Home Card
- Cardstock: brown; white
- Watercolor paper (Strathmore)
- Scrap paper
- Facial tissue
- Stamps (justjohanna stamps): jolie right; spring tree; a-frame birdhouse; home tweet home
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): Onyx Black
VersaFine; Brilliance in Sky Blue, Aurora Tri-Color, Gamma Green and Thyme; Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Watercolor Pencils (General Pencil)
- Canary Yellow Prismacolor Marker
- Chalking Template (Fairytale Creations)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (EK Success)
- Masquepen (Cruddas Innovations UK)
- Removable Scotch Brand Tape (3M)
- Make-up sponge
- Waterbrush pen
- Make brown top-fold card base. Cut 5-1/8” white cardstock square; adhere to card. Cut 4-7/8” watercolor paper square.
- Stamp tree on Stamp-ama-jig imaging sheet. Place sheet over watercolor paper square to determine placement of birdhouse against trunk at left and branch at right. Remove imaging sheet and stamp birdhouse only using Onyx Black ink.
- Without re-inking, stamp birdhouse again on scrap paper and cut out to create mask. Cut slightly within outline to prevent halo effect in
finished card. Adhere mask over first
birdhouse using removable tape.
- Using imaging sheet with tree image,
position trunk and branches against
birdhouse. Remove sheet and stamp
tree using Onyx Black ink. Peel up
birdhouse mask and set aside.
- Stamp jolie bird image where desired.
Following manufacturer’s instructions,
use Masquepen to mask bird, tree and
birdhouse. Let dry completely.
- Place piece of removable tape over bottom of tree trunk. Sponge Sky Blue ink over masked image, using cloud template to form cloudy sky. Sponge a bit of yellow and pink ink from Aurora pad onto sky to warm it up. Remove tape; ink trunk base and grass below it.
- Use facial tissue to wipe ink from dried
masking fluid. Peel up dried masking fluid.
- Use watercolor pencils and brush
to color trees, leaves and birdhouse.
Color bird with yellow marker. Stamp
Onyx Black sentiment as shown. Edge
watercolor panel Black Soot and adhere
Home Tweet Home Card