Maple Leaf Pillow
- Wool felt: light brown, 1/4 yd.; burnt orange, scrap
- Off-white cotton fabric, 3/8 yd.
- Brown flat buttons, 7/8", eight
- Jute twine
- Brown pearl cotton
- Pillow form, 12" square
- Embroidery needle and off-white sewing thread
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, dryer, transfer paper, pencil
- Wet felt; dry in dryer for "crinkly" look. (Note: Wet colors separately and wring out excess water before placing in dryer.)
- Cut two 8"x12-1/2" light brown rectangles. Print and cut out pattern. Cut leaf from burnt orange. Adhere leaf to one rectangle. Transfer details and lettering. Blanket stitch around leaf edges and stem stitch words.
- Adhere jute twine to leaf veins and stem. Blanket stitch over twine. Sew buttons loosely to both rectangles, 3" from corners.
- Cut two 12-1/2" off-white squares; sew together with right sides facing using 1/4" seam; leave 10" opening at bottom. Trim corners; turn right side out. Insert pillow form; hand-sew opening closed.
- Place light brown rectangles on off-white pillow. Wrap twine around buttons on both sides; tie into bows at sides and trim ends.