Forever Gingerbread Cookies
- STAEDTLER FIMO Soft Clay: Sahara, White, Cherry Red; FIMO Effect Metallic Silver, Mint
- Clay roller, clay blade, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Clay-dedicated gingerbread man and woman cookie cutters, 4”
- Paintbrushes: #4 flat, #4 mop, #2 round
- STAEDTLER FIMO Liquid Decorating Gel
- Silver metallic powder
- Medium brown acrylic paint
paper towels, tweezers, baby wipes, ruler
- Condition Sahara clay in hands until soft and pliable. Roll Sahara clay to 1/4” thickness and cut out gingerbread shapes using cookie cutters. Repeat for as many gingerbread people as desired. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake gingerbread people on parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes at 230º in oven. Let cool completely.
- On newspaper-covered work surface, drybrush edges of gingerbread people medium brown using flat. Let dry.
- Roll Cherry Red and Mint clay (or colors of choice) to 1/16” thickness. Position clay sheet over baked gingerbread people; cut out clothes just inside edge on gingerbread people. Use baby wipe to gently smooth edges of clothes. Mix and match color combos or leave some gingerbread people bare.
- Cut out circles for faces and hands in color of choice. Press face and hands on bodies. Use baby wipe to smooth edges of clay.
- Roll Metallic Silver clay to 1/8”-thickness. Cut off small pieces of clay and roll into tiny balls. Dust balls with silver powder using mop. Roll balls between paper towel to remove excess powder.
- Use tweezers to press silver balls on face for eyes and on clothes for buttons and dress trim. Apply Liquid Decorating Gel on clothing for smooth appearance; use round paintbrush to help spread gel to edges of clothing.
- Roll very skinny White clay rope; measure and cut rope to fit areas on gingerbread people for collars, details on dresses, and cuffs. Position ropes on top of decorating gel.
- Return gingerbread people to oven and bake as instructed in Step 1. Let cool.