Mask and Mustache Costume Accessories
- FloraCraft® Make it: Fun® Foam Sheet, 1/2”x12”x36”
- Wooden dowels, 3/16”x18”
- Black sheer ribbon, 1/2”-wide
- Sequin pins, 1/2”
- Acrylic rhinestones
- FloraCraft® Make it: Fun®: StyroCutter®, StyroCutter® Plus, Foam Cutter
- Acrylic paints: black, orange
- Black glitter
- Acrylic clear coat sealer
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
pencil, scissors, cardstock, paintbrush, craft knife, large shallow bowl, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print and cut out patterns from cardstock. Cut out patterns, using craft knife to cut eye openings on masks.
- Pin cardstock patterns on foam sheet.
- Read and follow StyroCutter® and StyroCutter® Plus package instructions carefully before beginning. Use StyroCutter® to cut out mustaches and masks. Use cardstock patterns as guides for blade of cutter to create smooth, clean edge. Hold blade to pattern at 90º angle to keep edge straight and even. See Photo 1. Use StyroCutter® Plus to cut out eye openings of each mask. Pierce blade through center of eye and use patterns as guide to cut out each eye opening. See Photo 2. Remove patterns from foam.
- Cover table with newspaper. Pour glitter into shallow bowl. Paint foam masks and mustaches black on all sides. As each piece is painted and is still wet, press into glitter to cover completely. Let dry completely. Apply coat of clear sealer over glitter to permanently secure in place. Adhere rhinestones on masks using glue gun.
- Paint wooden dowels orange and let dry. Adhere one end of ribbon to top of dowel. Wrap ribbon in spiral down dowel; cut and secure end using glue gun. Insert dowels into bottom outside edge of each mask and mustache for handles. Spot glue using glue gun to secure.
- 1. Use your own patterns to create animals, superheroes, and other character shapes.