Trick-or-Treat Wall Art
- FloraCraft Make it: Fun Foam Sheets, 1/2”x12”x36”, two
- FloraCraft Make it: Fun Tools: Foam Cutter or serrated knife, StyroCutter
- Foam-safe spray paints: black, white
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
fine-tip black marker, scissors, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Using foam cutter or serrated knife, cut 12”x24” panel from foam sheet for canvas. Spray paint canvas black; let dry. (Note: Hold can at least 12” from surface; apply light coats, letting canvas dry between coats. Too heavy an application can melt foam.)
- To make bones, measure and mark fourteen 4”x1-1/2” rectangles, seventeen 3”x1” rectangles, and seven 2”x3/4” rectangles onto foam sheet. To hand-draw bone shapes, draw heart at each end of rectangle so points face middle; connect hearts with two lines. Lines need not be straight; hearts need not be perfect. Bones should be unique. See Diagram and use photo as guide.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, use StyroCutter to cut bones from foam sheet.
- Using photo as guide, adhere bones together to form letters. (Note: T uses two large bones; R uses one large and four medium bones; O uses four small bones; etc.)
- Spray paint letters black; let dry.
- Arrange and adhere letters to canvas.
- Lightly spray paint tops of letters white; let dry.
- 1. Cut and paint additional bones and adhere temporarily around a mirror or doorway.