Witch Hat Centerpiece
- FloraCraft® Make it: Fun® Foam: Cone, 24”; Disc, 1”x16”
- Black duct tape
- Black decorative mesh
- Black feather boa with tinsel
- Black/orange glittered ribbon, 2” wide
- Orange glittered leaf branches
- Orange glittered pumpkin picks
- Black/orange glittered peacock feathers
- Amber acrylic jewel
- FloraCraft Make it: Fun Foam Cutter or serrated knife
- Black beading wire
- Floral pins
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
fine-tip black marker, scissors, ruler, wooden craft sticks
- Measure and mark foam cone at 8”, 13”, 18”, and 21” from base. See Photo 1.
- Use foam cutter or serrated knife to cut apart cone sections. See Photo 2.
- Cut ends from each section at an angle to help create curve of hat. See Photo 3.
- Use glue gun to adhere sections together as shown, inserting craft stick between sections before pressing them together. See Photo 4. Adhere cone base to center of foam disc.
- Cover entire hat with strips of duct tape, overlapping pieces for stronger hold. See Photo 5.
- Gather end of black mesh and pin to tip of hat, leaving 3” tail. Cut and insert 12” wire length into tip of hat. Twist wire around 3” mesh tail and create hook at end from which to hang jewel.
- Continue wrapping gathered mesh down top of hat, overlapping rows for complete coverage, pinning at intervals. Pin gathered mesh around top of brim to completely cover surface. See Photo 6. Cut mesh and pin end.
- Pin feather boa around hat brim. See Photo 7. Pin glittered ribbon around base of hat as shown. Hang jewel from wire hook at tip of hat.
- Arrange flowers, glittered leaves, pumpkin picks, and feathers around brim of hat. Secure embellishments with pins and glue gun.
- 1. Decorate a coordinating broom with ribbon, mesh, and a few embellishments.