Ceramic Studio: Springtime Bowls
- Of Four Bisque Teardrop Bowls*: Small (#21681); Medium (#21682); Large (#21683)
- Concepts Underglazes for Bisque & Majolica*: Bright Straw; Light Aqua; Bright Aqua; Light Purple
- Envision Glazes*: Pure Brilliance
- Signature Brushes*: Liner, #1; Round, #6; Fan Glaze, #6
- Small silk sponge
- Masking tape: 1/4”; 1”
- Self-adhesive shelf paper
- *Products by Duncan Enterprises
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For best results, read all instructions before beginning project. Use photo as color and design placement guide.
- 1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove dust.
- 2. Use pencil to divide large bowl into eight sections at rim and bottom. Apply 1/4”-wide tape to bowl, aligning tape along lines. Burnish tape edges with fingernails to ensure a tight seal.
- 3. Apply 1”-wide tape across center of small bowl, wrapping tape from side to side. Burnish edges.
- 4. Print and cut out pattern. Cut six flowers from shelf paper. Adhere flowers to bowl. Burnish edges.
- 5. Place each color onto foil. Letting dry between coats, sponge paint three coats Light Aqua onto large bowl, Light Purple onto medium bowl and Bright Straw onto small bowl. Remove tape and shelf paper.
- 6. Dip brush handle end into Light Purple to dot flower centers. Let dry.
- 7. Use round brush to apply three coats Light Aqua to center band of small bowl.
- 8. Use liner to paint Bright Aqua comma strokes on either side of stripe and to paint flowers. Dip brush handle end into Bright Straw to dot flower centers. Let dry.
- 9. Use fan glaze brush to apply one coat Pure Brilliance to each bowl. Let dry, then apply second coat to outside of large and medium bowls. Let dry.
- 10. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- 1. Visit www.duncanceramics.com/pyop to find a Paint Your Own Pottery studio. Visit www.duncanceramics.com/ADlocator.aspx to buy direct from a distributor to create ceramics in your home or for your business.