Americana Serving Tray
- Walnut Hollow Wooden Tray (3580), 11”x15”
- Delta CeramCoat Acrylic Paints: Ivory, Blue Velvet, Black, Brown Iron Oxide, Tomato Spice
- Royal Langnickel Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: glaze/wash, Series 700, 3/4”, 1”; script liner, Series 585, #1
- Delta CeramCoat Crackle Medium
- Delta CeramCoat Satin Varnish
- Delta CeramCoat All-Purpose Sealer
- Compressed sponge
- Transfer paper: black, white
pencil, plastic tablecloth (to cover work surface)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply sealer to entire tray; let dry. (Note: Flag design will be painted first, then remainder of tray.)
- Print and cut out pattern. Transfer star field (“union”) only. Basecoat union and outside bottom of tray Ivory. Basecoat rest of inside tray bottom and edge trim Brown Iron Oxide. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply crackle medium to entire inside bottom of tray.
- Use white transfer paper to transfer stripes only. (Note: To paint over crackle medium, work quickly and apply brush strokes in same direction. Do not apply excessive amount of paint.) Paint union Blue Velvet; let dry.
- Paint stripes, alternating Tomato Spice and Ivory; let dry. Use black transfer paper to transfer lettering; use liner to paint Black. Add Tomato Spice hearts. Freehand cut star from sponge and sponge paint Ivory stars in star field; let dry.
- Apply crackle medium to remainder of tray, except outside bottom. Paint Ivory. (Note: Outside bottom will be solid, not crackled.)
- Apply two to three coats of varnish to entire tray, letting dry completely between coats. If using tray for food, line with plastic wrap before use.