Flowered Table Runner
- National Nonwovens Woolfelt, 1/4 yd. each: Baby Blue, Pistachio Ice Cream
- White cotton fabric, 1/2 yd.
- The Warm Co. Fast2Fuse HEAVYWEIGHT Interfacing
- Polyform Sculpey Ultralight Clay
- Sewing machine and thread
- Martha Stewart Crafts Paintbrushes: #4 Round, #10 Flat, #6 Flat
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Plaid Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints: Antique White, Caterpillar, Limeade, Key West
- Martha Stewart Crafts Tintable Glaze Effect
- Plaid: Mod Podge Matte; Fabric Mod Podge
scissors, craft knife
- 1. Roll clay to 1/8” thickness. Use craft knife to cut nine leaves from clay. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool.
- 2. Paint entire leaf Limeade using #10 flat. Let dry. Mix (1:1) mixture Key West and Antique White for light aqua color. Paint one tip of leaf light aqua using #6 flat. While still wet, blend Caterpillar to edge of aqua and towards dark green. Let dry. Mix (1:1) mixture glaze effect and Antique White. Apply glaze on leaves using #4 round. Let dry.
- 3. Wash entire leaf in Mod Podge to seal. Let dry.
- 4. Follow the manufacturer’s directions and fuse the interfacing to wool felt. Cut 21 leaf shapes from the Baby Blue; set aside.
- 5. Cut two 14”x35” rectangles from white cotton. Position right sides together; stitch selvages taking 1/2” seam allowance, leaving 3” opening on side. Clip corners. Turn right side out. Press. Stitch edges all around.
- 6. Use Fabric Mod Podge to adhere wool felt leaves in flower pattern. Adhere painted clay leaves on runner with Fabric Mod Podge. Let dry.
- 7. For border, trace and cut 50 3” Pistachio Ice Cream wool felt circles. Stitch line down center of circle, placing another circle next to edge of first. (Note: The circles should not overlap but just be connected by thread.) Repeat process with all circles, creating long garland of connected shapes.
- 8. Position circles around edges of table runner so half of circle is on runner and half hangs over. Arrange circles so each corner has circle on it. Press lightly and pin in place. Adhere circles along edges with Fabric Mod Podge. Let dry.
- 1. Use texture tool to add dimension on clay leaves before baking in oven.
Flowered Table Runner