Clay Plant Markers
- Polyform Sculpey Ultralight Clay
- DecoArt Americana Patio Paint: Citrus Green, Bahama Blue, Fiesta Yellow, Azalea
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon paintbrushes: Series 7000C Round #2, Series 7550C Glaze/Wash 1”, Series 7300C Shader #4, Series 7650C Spotter #0
- Metal punch stamps
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
scissors, sharp craft knife, ruler, nail file, damp paper towel or sponge
- Roll out Ultralight clay to 1/8” thickness. Use sharp knife and ruler to cut straight line 7” long. From top of line, measure diagonally 1-1/2” and make cut. From cut corner to bottom of triangle, cut another straight line using ruler as guide. Use metal punch stamps to impress plant name on triangle area. Repeat process, creating marker for each plant. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake markers on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- File plant marker edges with nail file until smooth. Paint entire plant marker Bahama Blue using glaze/wash. Let dry. Repeat, applying second coat. Let dry.
- Paint stripe under stamped plant name Citrus Green using shader. Dab into plant name letters Citrus Green using spotter. Use damp paper towel or sponge to remove excess paint from letters. Let dry.
- Paint flower petals Fiesta Yellow and flower centers Azalea using round. Let dry.
- Repeat process creating other markers for remaining plants.
- 1. By using an outdoor-friendly paint like Patio Paint, you don’t have to apply a separate outdoor sealer as paint is weatherproof!