Eiffel Tower Ornament
- White 14-count Aida cloth (DMC), 7”x7”
- 6-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on key (DMC)
- Burgundy chiffon wire-edge ribbon, 1/2”-wide, 1 yd.
- Coordinating backing fabric, 7”x7”
- Pearl trim, 1 yd.
- Tapestry needle, #24 (DMC)
- Double-sided adhesive mounting board sheets, 5-1/4”x5-1/4”, two
- Batting, 6”x6”
- To find center of Aida cloth, fold in half and in half again opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- Use two strands of floss to cross stitch design. Backstitch wreath with one strand 310, and tower with one strand 3750.
- Mount batting to one piece of board, trimming edges even with board. Mount stitching centered over batting. Folding in corners first, then straight edge, secure fabric to opposite side of board. Repeat for backing fabric on second board, minus batting.
- Glue pearl trim around ornament edges.
- For hanger, tie ribbon bow. Apply small amount of glue to back to knot to secure bow, and tails to back of stitching-covered mounting board along each side.
- Glue front board to back board.