Zentangle Painted Pots
- Clay pots, 4”-diameter, 5-1/2” tall, three
- White silk daisies, 4”-diameter, 12
- FloraCraft project featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Gentle Grip Dry Floral Foam Half Ball, 1-15/16"x3-7/8", three
- Design Master Color Tool Spray Color: White, Olive Bright, Yellow, Orange
- Elmer's Painters Opaque Black Fine-tip Paint Marker
newspaper, pencil, copy paper, transfer paper, craft snips, glue gun and sticks
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray pots White. Let dry. Spray each pot with either Olive Bright, Yellow, or Orange. Let dry. Spray four daisies with shorts bursts of Olive Bright. Let dry. Fluff petals to reveal unpainted areas and spray again. Repeat to spray other flowers: four Yellow and four Orange. Let dry.
- To make Zen-design, practice on copy paper to make two horizontal, parallel, and wavy lines, about 1-1/2” apart. Draw curved lines from top line to bottom line, every 1-1/2”. Inside each sectioned off area, fill with various patterns: stripes, dots, circles, triangles, diamonds, curls, swirls, zigzags, checkerboard, etc. or combination of design elements.
- When satisfied with your design, transfer onto pot. Retrace lines on design using Black paint marker. Repeat process to draw designs on other two pots.
- Press flat edge of foam half-ball into top of pot so dome of half-ball extends out top. Use craft snips to trim flowers to 2”. Arrange and insert four flower stems into each pot.
- 1. If foam ball is loose in pot, use glue gun to fill open spaces until secure.