Sports Shadow Box
- White box with lid (or use recycled shoe box and paint white)
- Recycled plastic or wooden spools, three
- Print papers (to coordinate with team colors)
- Cardstock: white, two team colors
- Jumbo rickrack, in team colors
- Silver star stickers
- Sports photos, awards, or ribbons
- Silver brads
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Adhesives: foam squares, Beacon Adhesives Paper-Tac Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- Measure, cut, and adhere print papers to cover inside lid, inside box, and outside cover. Cut and adhere rickrack around edge on outside of box.
- Trim around photos. Adhere photos onto cardstock; trim if needed. Adhere photos inside box using foam squares.
- Adhere ribbons, awards, or medals to inside of box and outside of cover.
- Use marker to print inspirational words on white cardstock. Cut uneven tag shapes around words, leaving space on one end for brads. Adhere tag shapes onto cardstock; trim around tags. Punch 1/8” holes in tags. Attach brads through holes. Adhere tags to outside cover and inside of box using foam squares.
- Press star stickers onto cardstock. Trim around stars. Adhere stars onto other cardstock color; trim around stars. Adhere stars onto box using foam squares.
- For spools, cut strips from print papers. Wrap and adhere strips around spools. Adhere two spools, evenly spaced, onto bottom of box. Position third spool under box lid when displaying box.
- 1. Layer several foam squares behind awards, photos, or cardstock elements to help make items inside box really stand out!