- Fabrics, 1/4 yd. each: linen, natural and white; brown silk
- The Warm Co. Warm & White Needled Cotton Batting, 12-1/2"x18-1/2"
- Pillow forms, 12" squares, two
- Polyester fiberfill
- Foam stamps: rose, daisies, 3” square or stamps of choice
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Snow White, Country Blue, Jade Green
- DecoArt Fabric Painting Medium
- Sewing machine and white thread
sponge scrap, paper plate, iron and ironing board
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 1/4" seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed.
- 1. Cut 4-1/2"x12-1/2" natural, 8-1/2"x12-1/2" brown, and 6-1/2"x12-1/2" white rectangles from fabrics.
- 2. (Note: To stamp, pour small amount of paint onto paper plate. Mix one part Fabric Painting Medium with two parts paint. Dip applicator sponge in paint, then dab evenly on entire surface of stamp, avoiding sides. Press stamp down firmly on fabric, then lift straight up. Practice on scrap fabric.) Using photo as guide, stamp four Jade Green squares on left side of white rectangle and Snow White rose on top left side of brown rectangle. Heat set with iron.
- 3. Sew natural rectangle to right side of brown rectangle. Sew white rectangle to left side of brown rectangle. Stamp two Country Blue daisy clusters on bottom right side of natural and brown rectangles. Heat set with iron.
- 4. Baste batting rectangle to back of assembled pillow front.
- 5. For backing, cut 12-1/2"x18-1/2" white rectangle. Sew pillow front to back, 1/4" from edge with right sides facing, leaving 11" opening for turning. Trim corners; turn right side out. Insert pillow forms side by side; stuff corners and area between pillow forms with fiberfill stuffing. Hand sew opening closed.
- 1. By attaching batting rectangle behind fabric rectangle, you will prevent lumps on the pillow front after stuffing.