Faux Raku Vase
- Glass vase, 7-1/2” tall
- Makin's Clay No Bake Black Polymer Clay, 1 pkg.
- Metallic pigment powders, in three colors
- Makin's Clay Clay Roller
- Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
powder blush brush, craft stick, zip-lock bag, paper towel, scissors
- Roll out about 1/4 block of clay to 1/8” thickness using Clay Roller. Roll additional clay as needed to cover vase. See Photo 1.
- Apply one coat of glue on vase using craft stick. Spread glue on vase and press clay on glue smoothing in place. See Photo 2. Continue process until entire vase is covered, overlapping areas as needed. See Photo 3. Apply glue and press clay over top edge of vase.
- Apply metallic powders on clay using powder brush. See Photo 4. Let dry completely. Keep unused clay in zip-lock bag with damp paper towel.
- 1. Work on non-stick craft sheet or wax paper to keep work area clean and prevent clay from sticking to surface.