Butterfly Wall Art
- IKEA Ribba Shadow Box Frame, 20-1/2"x20-1/2"x1-3/4", or similar frame
- White or pale ivory textured cardstock, 12"x12"
- Double-sided patterned papers, 12"x12: purple, teal, green
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Sizzlits Dots & Scallops Decorative Strip Die
- Sizzix Accessories: Extended Spacer Platform, 13" Decorative Strip Cutting Pads
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Butterflies Cut & Emboss Set
- Adhesives: transparent tape, small foam dots, Aleene's Tacky Line Roll
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Size is 20-1/2"x20-1/2"x1-3/4.
Butterfly Wall Art
- 1. Disassemble shadow box frame. Follow manufacturer's directions to install hanging wire packaged with frame; set aside.
- 2. Center white cardstock over backside of mat opening; adhere each edge with strip of transparent tape.
- 3. Turn mat over. Die cut four scalloped borders from solid side of purple paper; cut paper into 3"x12" strips before inserting into machine. Apply Tacky Line Roll adhesive along each side of mat opening; remove liner and press border in place. Borders should just meet at corners of opening.
- 4. Die cut six purple butterflies, three from solid side and three from patterned side. Die cut four butterflies from teal paper; emboss each butterfly using different embossing folder. Die cut six green butterflies, three from each side.
- 5. Gently fold wings and antennae of each butterfly upward to add dimension. Using photo as guide, adhere butterfly bodies to white cardstock background using small foam dots.
- 6. Reassemble shadow box.
- 1. To add more color to this piece, mist, paint, or stamp the white mat that comes with the frame before putting it all back together, or use colored paper behind the butterflies. For a modern touch of texture without color, die cut and emboss white cardstock butterflies and adhere them directly to the white mat; trim edges flush.