Butterfly Wall Art
- IKEA Ribba Shadow Box Frame, 20-1/2"x20-1/2"x1-3/4", or similar frame
- White or pale ivory textured cardstock, 12"x12"
- Papers, 12"x12": My Mind's Eye Bohemia Collection Bella Adorable Large Medallion/Light Purple, 29th Street Market Collection Peaceful Dream Consciousness/Dreamy; Recollections News Word Green Glitter
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Sizzlits Dots & Scallops Decorative Strip Die
- Sizzix Accessories: Extended Spacer Platform, 13" Decorative Strip Cutting Pads
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Butterflies Cut & Emboss Set
- Adhesives: transparent tape, small foam dots, Aleene's Tacky Line Roll
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- Disassemble shadow box frame. Follow manufacturer's directions to install hanging wire packaged with frame; set aside.
- Center white cardstock over backside of mat opening; adhere each edge with strip of transparent tape.
- Turn mat over. Die cut four scalloped borders from purple side of Bohemia paper; cut paper into 3"x12" strips before inserting into machine. Apply Tacky Line Roll adhesive along each side of mat opening; remove liner and press border in place. Borders should just meet at corners of opening.
- Die cut six purple butterflies, three from solid side and three from patterned side. Die cut four butterflies from 29th Street Market paper; emboss each butterfly using different embossing folder. Die cut six News Word butterflies, three from green dot side and three from text side.
- Gently fold wings and antennae of each butterfly upward to add dimension. Using photo as guide, adhere butterfly bodies to white cardstock background using small foam dots.
- 1. To add more color to this piece, mist, paint, or stamp the white mat that comes with the frame before putting it all back together, or use colored paper behind the butterflies. For a modern touch of texture without color, die cut and emboss white cardstock butterflies and adhere them directly to the white mat; trim edges flush.