Camp Critters Totem Pole
- Recycled aluminum cans with lids, in various sizes
- Wooden shapes: ovals, teardrops, circles
- Cardstock or construction paper: grey, green, brown
- Ribbon, 10” lengths
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Snow White, Foliage Green, Dark Chocolate, True Red, Gray
- Aleene's: Tacky Line Runner, Tacky Dot Rolls, Liquid Fusion
scissors, paintbrush, black marker, ruler, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Wash cans and lids. Dry thoroughly. Apply Liquid Fusion on lid sides and press onto top of can. Let dry.
- Measure can and cut papers to fit can measurements. If needed, cut two pieces for larger (squirrel) can from brown. Use Tacky Line Runner to adhere paper to can, running adhesive down edges and on center of cardstock or construction paper.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden shapes. For raccoon, paint: two teardrops, two large circles, and one small circle Lamp Black; two medium circles and one oval Snow White; two small circles Gray. For frog, paint: two large circles and five small circles Foliage Green; two small circles True Red; two medium circles Snow White. For squirrel, paint: two teardrops and two medium circles Dark Chocolate; two teardrops and two small circles Snow White; one small circle Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Use black marker to outline shapes as shown and draw frog mouth. Use dots to adhere pieces together and to form features; press on cans. For raccoon ears, place dots on front side of ears and press inside top of can.
- Cut ribbon lengths to fit around bottom of frog and raccoon; knot in place. Stack cans together to create totem pole. Adhere cans together using Liquid Fusion.
- 1. Apply double-sided tape onto back of wooden shapes; press on newspaper-covered work surface. Securing the shapes to your work surface will aid in painting edges!