Growing Up Hinged Box
- Hinged cigar box (found box used,
woodcrafter.com an alternate source)
- Heavy-weight black cardstock
- Inkssentials Gloss Paper*, 8-1/2”x11”
- Round tins (Wilton)
- Inkssentials*: Memory Glass, 1-1/2” and 2”; Silver Memory Foil Tape
- Chipboard flower (Maya Road)
- Metal (Making Memories): decorative brad; screw eyelet; flower
- Decorative black hardware knob
- Vintage photos or photocopies
- Stamps: Alphabet (Hero Arts); Sayings (Stamping Sensations)
- Adirondack Alcohol Inks*: Stonewashed; Slate; Pitch Black; Silver and Copper Metallic Mixatives
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator*
- Adirondack Blending Solution*
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers*: Pitch Black; Copper Metallic
- Embossing Powder*: Seafoam; Black
- Inkssentials*: Heatit Craft Tool; Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Clear Perfect Medium; Pop Dots
- Gel Medium (Liquitex)
- Craft Drill (Fiskars)
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embosser
with Textile Texture Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Circle template, 2”
- Use paint dabber to paint box Pitch
Black, concentrating on inside wall and
- Create four 8-1/2”x11” sheets of the Adirondack Alcohol Ink Agates using all five shades of alcohol ink in various combinations; see technique information. The end result will be four
pages that coordinate perfectly, yet are
not the same.
- Cut 6-3/8”x7-1/4” piece from one sheet and glue to inside right side of box. Cut or punch all remaining Granite paper into 1-1/4” squares. Adhere tiles to front and sides of box.
- Drill hole in box lid and add decorative knob.
- Emboss black cardstock with embossing folder and cut into triangles for each box corner; adhere. Paint chipboard flower copper, applying two coats for texture; let dry and insert decorative brad at center. Adhere flower to cover.
- Emboss Memory Glass pieces with sentiments. Back with contrasting cardstock and wrap edges with foil tape. Adhere pieces to box.
- Print one photo and trim to 6-3/8”x7-1/4”; adhere to inside left side of box. Embellish photo with screw eyelet, if desired.
- Cut three photos into 2” circles and adhere inside bottoms of tins. Add embellishments. To emboss sentiments on lids, carefully remove plastic insert from rim, then stamp and emboss with black powder. Do not overheat or plastic will melt. Let cool and replace in lids. Adhere tins to box with gel medium; let dry flat.
- Cut four pieces of black cardstock, 6-3/8”-wide and of varying heights from 7/8” to 1-5/8” to create ledges on right side. Adhere one larger photo directly to granite background inside box. Adhere tallest cardstock strip directly to box over bottom edge of photo.
- Adhere remaining photos to remaining card stock strips in staggered pattern. Emboss “My Parents” on shortest strip. Layer strips inside box with Pop Dots to add dimension. Cover back of box with black cardstock, if desired.
Growing Up Hinged Box
Closeup View of Knob