Big Top Altered Candy Box
- Recycled candy box with lid
- Cardstock: black, Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces Manila
- Ranger Inkssentials White Gloss Paper
- Natural woven net ribbon
- Oxford Impressions Stamp Sets: Vintage Circus, Big Top
- Stencils: Random Arts Journaling Lines; Crafter's Workshop Mini Circle Squares, Mini Triangle Plaid, Mini Herringbone
- Ranger Ink Pads: Archival Jet Black and Cobalt; Tim Holtz Distress Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Pumice Stone
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stains: Aged Mahogany, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Cranberry Color Wash
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists: Blue Raspberry, Bronze
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Cut n' Dry Nibs
- Ranger Inkssentials Adhesives: Popit Shapes, Wonder Tape, Glossy Accents
paper trimmer, detail scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, ruler, pencil
- Stamp following Jet Black images onto gloss paper: tent trim, "Big Top" sign, elephant, trapeze artist, admission ticket, bull's eye. Stamp following Cobalt images onto gloss paper: ringmaster, stand.
- Trim Big Top into two rectangles for sign.
- Use nibs to color images using Distress Inks as follows: Tattered Rose skin; Aged Mahogany sign background, stand, ringmaster's pants and tie; Scattered Straw sign letters, tent trim, bull's eye, admission ticket; Tumbled Glass trapeze artist's costume; Pumice Stone elephant.
- Detail cut images, using craft knife in tight areas. Edge images with Jet Black or Cobalt ink depending on original stamped image.
- Carefully remove flat top from box lid. Place box top onto manila cardstock, 1-1/2" from edges, and trace with pencil. Cut out cardstock 1-1/2" beyond traced lines. In addition, cut 2-3/8"x3-3/8" manila panel, two 5-1/8"x2-1/8" end panels, and two 9"x2-1/8" front/back panels.
- Using photo as guide, trace tent shape onto left side of large cardstock panel. "Draw" tent roof with Aged Mahogany Distress Stain, applied directly from sponge-tip bottle. "Draw" tent sides with Aged Mahogany and Scattered Straw Distress Stains, using journaling stencil as guide. Let dry.
- To create background over remaining areas of large cardstock panel and other manila cardstock pieces, apply Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains through circle squares, triangle plaid, and herringbone stencils. Let dry.
- Spray all stenciled backgrounds with Blue Raspberry and Bronze mists; let dry.
- Stamp Jet Black "Barnum Says So" image onto small manila panel. Edge panel with Aged Mahogany Distress Stain; let dry.
- Cut 4-1/2" net ribbon length and place on non-stick craft sheet. Color ribbon with Tumbled Glass Distress Stain; let dry.
- Adhere ticket to left side of Barnum background using Glossy Accents. Wrap net around panel as shown and adhere with dots of Glossy Accents applied here and there; let dry.
- Cut 2-1/2"x3-1/2" black cardstock panel. Adhere Barnum panel to black panel using double-sided tape. Adhere bull's eye to net using Glossy Accents; let dry. Adhere trapeze artist using foam adhesive.
- Spray sides and bottom of box with Cranberry Color Wash; let dry.
- Use tape to adhere front/back panels to long sides of box, wrapping ends around corners. Adhere shorter end panels to box.
- Center flat box top on back of large manila panel. Wrap edges to back side, mitering corners, and adhere with tape. Use tape to adhere box top to lid.
- Use tape to adhere trapeze artist card to right side of lid. Adhere remaining elements using Glossy Accents; let dry.
- 1. The trapeze artist element on this box can stand alone as an artist trading card, too. The black cardstock base measures a perfect 2-1/2"x3-1/2", just right for your next ATC swap!