You Add Sparkle Card
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Imagination Int'l. X-Press It Blending Card
- Lily Bee Design 6"x6" Tiny Tablet Paper Pads: Jingle, Harvest Market
- Karen Foster Design Charm Pin-Up Brad
- Melissa Frances Cream Crochet Lace Collection
- Jute string
- My Favorite Things Pure Innocence My Little Fire Cracker Stamp Set
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Tsukineko Ink Pads: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMagic Wheat
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E000, E00, E11, E31, E33, E50, E51, R20, Y21, YR21
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Spica Clear Glitter Pen
- Sakura Glaze 3-D Clear Pen
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils: Green, Tan
- Odorless mineral spirits (gamsol)
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots, clear dots
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, paper blending stump
- Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" kraft top-fold card.
- Cut following paper pieces: 4"x5-1/4" distressed blue, 4"x3-7/8" blue lattice, 4"x2" red dot.
- Adhere lattice panel to blue panel, 1/4" from top edge. Adhere red dot strip to lattice panel, 1/8" from bottom edge.
- Sew zigzag stitches along top edges of lattice panel and red dot strip. Using clear dots, adhere cream trim along bottom edge of lattice panel; trim excess. Set panel aside.
- Stamp black image and sentiment onto separate areas of blending cardstock. Trim image to 2-1/4"x3-1/4"; trim sentiment to 1-1/2"x1".
- Sponge sentiment edges with Wheat ink. Mat on kraft cardstock; set aside.
- Color all areas of image, except patterned dress, with markers. To color white sleeve trim, collar, and socks, use E50 marker to add small shadows to inside edge of each sock and along inner edges of socks beneath shoe straps. Use E51 marker to deepen shadows in corners. Do not color entire sock, only shadow areas.
- Add ground with colored pencils as shown. Dip paper blending stump into odorless mineral spirits and use it to soften and blend green pigment. Be sure to avoid shoes. Add detail grass blades with tan pencil. Sponge edges of image panel with Wheat ink.
- Color over star-shaped barrette with clear glaze pen; let dry. Trace sparkler "sparks" with clear glitter pen; let dry.
- Stamp second black image onto red dot paper. Detail cut dress, omitting sleeve trim and collar. Align and adhere dress to stamped image.
- Mat stamped panel on kraft cardstock. Adhere image panel to right side of layered paper panel. Sew one short line of zigzag stitching along each side of image panel in different spots.
- Adhere sentiment to card with foam dots. Insert charm brad just above top edge of sentiment. Tie jute string into bow around brad hanger. Adhere finished panel to card front.
- 1. This stamp set includes the main image and three sentiments. For a distinctly 4th of July greeting, highlight sparkler in girl's hand and star in her hair with glitter glue or metallic pens. Experiment with various shades of red, white, and blue!