Travel Suitcase Box
- White cardboard box (with lid)
- Black cardstock or construction paper
- Black craft foam
- Burlap, 4-1/2”x7-3/4”
- Travel-themed stickers and tags
- Tan ribbon, 18” length
- Silver metal rings, two
- Round silver paper brads, 12
- DecoArt Americana Dark Chocolate Acrylic Paint
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, paintbrush, ruler, sandpaper, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint outside of box Dark Chocolate. Let dry. Lightly sand edges (for texture).
- Measure and cut 4-1/2”x 7-3/4” burlap rectangle. Adhere rectangle to center of box lid.
- Measure and cut five 2” black paper squares. Cut squares in half diagonally to make 10 triangles. Punch hole in center of each triangle. Attach paper brads through holes, bending ends on back. Adhere triangles to corners of lid and top and sides of box.
- For handle, cut 3/4”x8” black foam strip. Punch holes on either end of strip.
- Punch holes in top of box, 2-1/2” from either edge. To attach handle, insert paper brads through holes and black strip.
- For “belt”, measure and cut 18” length of tan ribbon. Wrap ribbon end around straight sides of “D” ring and glue ends. Wrap belt around box, insert end through both rings and then back through rounded side of ring. Pull belt end against box.
- Press stickers onto front of box.
- For tag, write “Are we there yet?” on yellow paper. Cut out phrase. Punch 1/8” hole on end. Insert cord through tag hole and around handle.
- 1. Create your own travel stickers and embellishments by printing images of monuments, tourist attractions, or state license plates onto cardstock. Apply to box using foam adhesive squares for added dimension!