So Tweet, So Lovely Table Runner & Pot Holders
- Cotton fabrics: cream, 5” square, eight; gray: 2-1/2”x5” strips, 16; 2-1/2”x9” strips, 16; 2-1/4”-wide (runner binding), one; patterned: 5”x47” strips, two; 10”x18-1/2” strips, two; 26-1/2”x47” strip (backing); 9” squares (pot holders), two
- Cotton batting: 26-1/2”x47” (table runner); 8-1/2” squares (pot holders), two
- Buttons (Making Memories)
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): The Landing Pad; Kim Hughes Collection Bold Curls; The Rummage Bin Round and Round We Go
- Acrylic paints (Making Memories)
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Use desired colors to stamp cream fabric squares. Heat set paints with iron.
- 2. Sew two short gray strips to each side of cream squares. Press seams. Sew two long gray strips to remaining cream square sides to complete squares.
- 3. Sew six of the large squares together to create a center panel that measures 18-1/2”x27-1/2”. Sew short patterned fabric strips to ends of center panel; press. Sew long pattern strips to top and bottom of runner. (Note: If ends hang over edge, trim excess fabric for a large rectangular front panel.)
- 4. Place backing fabric rectangle (right side down) on work surface, cotton batting, then finished pieced panel on top (right side up). Pin layers together and machine quilt as desired.
- 5. Sew grey strip to runner edges as binding. Hand sew buttons to runner as shown.
- 1. With right sides together, sew patterns fabric and remaining stamped panels together with batting sandwiched in between, leaving one end open for turning.
- 2. Turn pot holders right side out through opening. Tuck raw edges under and hand sew opening closed. Machine quilt if desired.
- 3. Embellish with buttons and string as desired.