- Food coloring, in colors of choice
- White shaving cream
- White paper, 8-1/2”x11”
- Shallow pan or tray
- Plastic knife or spatula
- Thin cardboard
- Paper adhesive
scissors, ruler, pencil, plastic tablecloth (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, fill pan or tray with 1” of shaving cream.
- Squirt small amount of food coloring onto shaving cream. Repeat with assorted colors.
- Use toothpick to make several swirls across shaving cream. (Note: Do not over mix.)
- Gently press paper on top of shaving cream mixture; lift off. (Note: Paper should be covered with swirls of colored shaving cream.)
- Using plastic knife or spatula, gently scrape excess shaving cream from paper, revealing a paper-stained marbleized design. Let dry completely.
- Cut paper into 8-1/2””x5-1/2” strip; fold to create 4-1/4”x5-1/2” top-fold card. To create heart template, draw heart shape on thin cardboard; cut out and discard heart. Use cardboard template to draw heart shape on center back side of card front; cut heart-shaped opening.
- Position, trim, and adhere photo on back side of card front so image is displayed through heart-shaped opening.
- 1. Make a matching envelope by using this same technique on the envelope flap.
- 2. Use Magic Marbleizing to create beautiful wrapping paper, gift bags, photo frames, and much more.