Tropical Fish Travel Binder
- Natural bamboo placemat, 19"x13"
- Letter-size legal pad
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Natural Sticky Back Canvas
- Coral ribbon, 1/4"-wide
- Fred B. Mullet Stamps: Sponge, Big Grunt, Big Kelp, Kelp, Big Spider Mum, Spider Mum
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Pool, Raspberry, Sunset Orange, Snow Cap Mixatives, Blending Solution
- Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers: Wild Plum, Pool, Peach Bellini, Cloudy Blue, Cool Peri, Copper Metallic
- Ranger Liquid Pearls Dimensional Pearlescent Paints: Rouge, Flamingo, Petal Pink, Cantaloupe, Buttercup, Peacock, Mint Green
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso
- Coral/orange rainbow ink pad
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Mini Mister, Large Inky Roller
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator
- Ranger Inkssentials Wonder Tape
detail scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, ruler, pencil, foam paintbrush, waxed paper or non-stick craft sheet
- Working on protected surface, use alcohol ink applicator to apply assorted alcohol inks, Snow Cap Mixatives, and blending solution to both sides of bamboo placemat; let dry.
- Ink Spider Mum stamp with Copper Metallic acrylic paint and stamp randomly over one side (outside) of placemat, re-inking stamp before each impression; let dry.
- Highlight mums with Rouge and Flamingo pearlescent paint; let dry.
- To create interior pocket, cut 8"x7" canvas rectangle. Mark top canvas edge with pencil 3" from top left corner and right canvas edge 3-1/4" from bottom right corner. Connect dots and cut on line. To create legal pad holder, cut 10"x1" canvas strip.
- Apply gesso to pocket and strip with foam brush; let dry.
- Fill mister bottle with water. Ink Sponge stamp with Wild Plum and Pool acrylic paints, mixing colors on stamp. Lightly mist stamp with water and stamp randomly over pocket and strip, re-inking and misting stamp before each impression; let dry.
- Highlight sponges with Copper Metallic acrylic paint; let dry. Leaving canvas backing in place, attach three sides of pocket and ends of strip to inside of placemat as shown using double-sided tape.
- Using photos as guide, ink following stamps with assorted acrylic paints, mixing colors as desired on each stamp: Big Grunt, Big Kelp, Kelp, Big Spider Mum. Mist images lightly with water and stamp onto canvas sheet. Repeat to stamp second Big Spider Mum. Detail cut images.
- Highlight canvas cut-outs with assorted pearlescent paints, outlining each image in Flamingo. Let dry. Remove paper backing and adhere to front cover and pocket as shown.
- Brayer rainbow ink over Big Spider Mum stamp. Mist lightly with water and stamp onto several sheets of legal pad; let dry. Slide pad into holder.
- Cut two 24" ribbon lengths. Thread and tie one length around each end of placemat at center. Close binder and tie ribbon ends in bow.
- 1. Use similar techniques on inexpensive bamboo or wood blinds to add a punch of color to your décor.