Night-Light Ice Cream Cone
- Polyform Sculpey Glow in the Dark Clay
- Polyform Premo! Accents: Translucent, Yellow Translucent, Green Translucent; Premo! Sculpey: Ecru, Raw Sienna, Candy Pink
- Battery-operated tea light
- Polyform Sculpey: Super Slicer; Etch ‘n Pearl; Liquid Sculpey
- Clay roller, clay conditioning machine, blending tool
- Alphabet stamps
- Pink chalk
- Circle cutter, 1-3/4”
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages and condition together as follows: for ice cream cone, half block Glow in the Dark, quarter block Yellow Translucent, quarter block and one 1” ball Translucent, one 5/8” ball Ecru; for brown ice cream, 7/8” ball Glow in the Dark, 1-1/8” ball Translucent, 5/8” ball Green Translucent; for green ice cream, 7/8” ball Glow in the Dark, 1-1/8” ball Translucent, 5/8” ball Green Translucent; for cherry, 5/8” ball Translucent, 1/4” ball Candy Pink.
- For base of cone, roll two 2”-thick sheets of cone-colored clay on setting #1 through clay conditioning machine. Position one sheet on top of other. Press clay together using acrylic roller to remove any air pockets. Cut 1-3/4” circle from sheet; cut 1/4” hole from center of circle.
- For sides of cone, roll two strips of cone-colored clay on #1 setting through clay conditioning machine so clay is approximately 1-1/2”x7”. Stack strips together; trim to 1”x6” using super slicer. Use alphabet stamps and chalk to stamp “yummy” on center of strip. Wrap strip around 1-3/4” circle. Press seams together. Add touch of Liquid Sculpey to inside seam.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake cone on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool.
- For ice cream, roll log of green ice cream to 1/2”x20” and log of brown ice cream to 1/2”x20”. Position end of log around cooled top of cone. Begin wrapping green ice cream around cone; add brown ice cream log and wrap around top of green ice cream. Remove ice cream layers; position on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- For cherry, roll teardrop shape. Position point on teardrop into top area on coiled ice cream. Remove cherry and position on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- With remaining cone-colored clay, create 2”-long log. Roll and shape log to measure 1-3/4”x1-1/8”. Wrap log around baked cone; smooth ends along edges. (Note: Added clay creates heavier base so ice cream cone can stand upright.) Use Etch ‘n Pearl tool to add lines on cone.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake cone, ice cream layers, and cherry on parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Use Liquid Sculpey to attach cherry on top of ice cream layers. Let dry.
- Position tea light inside cone; position ice cream top over cone base.
- 1. If a clay conditioning machine isn’t available, use a ruler and two dowels to measure and cut clay into uniform thickness.
Night-Light Ice Cream Cone
Night-Light Lite Up