Alien Floor Cloth
- Art Kloth canvas, 24”x36”
- Acrylic paints
- Artist's gesso
- Waterproof clear polyurethane varnish/sealer
pencil, scrap paper, newspapers (to cover work surface), paintbrushes, transfer paper
- On covered work surface, position art canvas flat. Apply one coat of gesso; let dry.
- Sketch design on scrap paper. Once satisfied with design, transfer design onto canvas using transfer paper or by freehand sketching.
- Paint design using acrylic paints. Allow sections that are adjacent to each other to dry before painting another color along area. Apply two or three coats of paint as needed. Let dry.
- Apply two coats varnish to seal design. Let dry. Display design as floor cloth or as wall hanging.
- 1. To help younger kids, transfer outline of drawing onto cloth. Have kids use paints, colored pencils, or crayons to color in drawing like a large coloring book page!