Photo Frame & Pencil Cube
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 18”x18”x1”; cube, 5”
- Miniature candy bar wrappers
- Foil or silver wrapping paper
- Blue cardstock, 12”x12”
- Ribbon, 5-1/6”-wide, 24” length
- Grommet refills, 3/8”
- The Original Yes! Paste All-Purpose Stik Flat Glue
scissors, pencil, paintbrush or putty knife, craft knife, craft pins, ruler
- 1. Using pencil and ruler, measure and draw two 3-1/2”x5-1/2” rectangles, 2” in from either end of foam sheet. Draw one more 3-1/2”x5-1/2” rectangle in center of foam sheet.
- 2. Cut out rectangles using craft knife and ruler. Save discarded rectangles for future project.
- 3. Smooth out candy wrappers and trim away portions that are not visually appealing.
- 4. Using small putty knife or stiff paintbrush, apply thin layer of Yes! Paste to reverse side of wrappers. Press wrappers on frame and smooth with fingers. Repeat, pasting wrappers at various angles on frame. Fold wrappers over into cut-out areas, and cover top and bottom edges. (Note: Leave two ends bare as they will be covered with foil.) Set aside to dry.
- 5. Cut 1” strips of cardstock to fit inside edges of photo openings. Test fit strips into openings to determine where corners will be. Fold strips at corners and paste in place.
- 6. Cut foil or silver wrapping paper into 2-1/2”-wide strips measuring 10-1/2” long. Pre-fold each strip at 3/4” and 1-3/4” measurements. Paste silver paper onto frame so that 3/4” of silver is on top surface and ends are covered and folded over to back of frame. Fold corners flat. Adhere with Yes! Paste.
- 7. Adhere and pin ribbon length on back of frame for hanger.
- 1. Using pencil point, center and mark three rows of three holes (nine total) across top of foam cube. At each marked spot, push eraser end of pencil straight down into foam cube, making holes about 2” deep. Rotate pencil slightly to enlarge each hole. Smooth edges of holes with fingertips.
- 2. Smooth out candy wrappers and trim away portions that are not visually appealing.
- 3. Using small putty knife or stiff paintbrush, apply thin layer of Yes! Paste to reverse side of wrappers. Press wrappers on foam cube and smooth with fingers. Repeat, pasting wrappers at various angles on foam cube until covered. Set aside to dry.
- 4. Use fingertips to locate pencil holes and then carefully cut small hole over each pencil hole with scissors or craft knife. Gently push pointed pencil through hole to open up hole completely.
- 5. Paste grommet over edge of each hole. Fill cube with pencils.
- 1. Very wrinkled candy wrappers can be ironed on the reverse side using a medium iron.
- 2. When spreading paste, work on a discarded magazine or phone book. When a page gets too messy, just turn the page for a new and clean work surface.