Teacher’s Bookworm Clip
- Wooden paint stirrer stick
- Wooden shapes: 2-1/2” circle; 3/8” circle; 1” circles, four; 1/2” teardrops, eight
- Wooden clothespins, four
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Adhesive-back magnets, 1/2”, four
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Festive Green, Sour Apple, Bright Red, Tangelo Orange, Primary Yellow
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
paintbrushes, sanding block, soft cloth, pencil, paper plate, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Lightly sand wooden items and wipe with soft cloth.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden items as follows: paint stick and 2-1/2” circle Festive Green; teardrop shapes Sour Apple; 1” circles Bright Red; clothespins Primary Yellow; 3/8” circle Tangelo Orange. Let dry. Squeeze small amount of Tangelo Orange paint on paper plate; use eraser on pencil to dot paint stick (bookworm body). Let dry.
- Outline shapes with black marker. Adhere eyes on 2-1/2” circle (head) and use black marker to draw glasses for bookworm. Adhere 3/8” circle (nose) below eyes. Draw simple facial features and smile.
- Adhere pieces in following order: two teardrops (leaves) onto each 1” circle (apple); apples onto each clothespin; clothespins onto bookworm body; head onto bookworm body. Let dry.
- Adhere magnets onto back of bookworm body, spacing equally apart. Spot glue magnets to secure. Display bookworm on magnetic surface to hang.
- 1. Instead of using magnets, add a sawtooth hanger onto back of bookworm or wrap sisal cording around each end and display on the wall or a handy hook.