Embossed Jewelry Chest
- Unfinished wooden mini chest of drawers
- Spellbinders Delicate Pastels Premium Craft Foil
- Want2Scrap Self-Adhesive Bling: Light Green, Orange, Aqua, Pink, Lavender
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dahlia Dies
- Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Embossing Folders: Valor, Elite, Regal, Imperial
- Clearsnap ColorBox Ink Pads: Dune Pigment Ink, White Fluid Chalk Ink
- White acrylic paint
- Acrylic spray sealer
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Advanced Craft Glue, removable tape
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, sandpaper, soft cloth
- Sand front of each drawer knob to create slightly flattened surface for gem. Remove drawers.
- Paint chest and drawers white; let dry.
- Rub light brown ink over painted surfaces to create distressed look; buff with cloth.
- Trim foil sheets to fit drawer fronts; make each drawer a different color.
- Mark placement of hole for knob. Align Dahlia #1 die so it is centered over hole. Die cut flower from foil.
- Emboss each foil piece with different texture; M-Bossabilities feature two patterns on each embossing folder. For balanced effect, do not align foil with design edges; allow designs to extend beyond foil edges. Hold foil in desired position using removable tape.
- Lightly sand embossed surface of each foil piece. Lightly ink raised designs with white chalk ink; buff with cloth.
- Adhere foil pieces to drawers; let dry. Adhere matching gems to drawer knobs.
- Spray entire piece with clear sealer; let dry.
- 1. Think big! Use full-size sheets of embossed foil to cover large drawer fronts on an entryway table, craft studio cabinet, or home office file drawer. Piece panels together in a trendy mosaic design.