Soccer Ball Light
- White glass globe, 6”
- Polyform Sculpey III Clay: Granny Smith, Black
- Battery-operated tea light candle
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Acrylic brayer (or clay-dedicated rolling pin)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- Use acrylic brayer or rolling pin to roll Granny Smith clay to 1/16” thickness. Use promo credit card to cut 1”-wide strip long enough to fit around base of glass globe. Cut small “slits” for grass along edge of strip. Wrap grass around base of globe, smoothing edges.
- Print out pattern onto cardstock. Roll Black clay to 1/16” thickness. Use cardstock pattern to trace and cut 11 pentagons from clay.
- Press black pentagons on globe, about 1/4” apart, like soccer ball pattern. See photo. Line up points on pentagons.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake glass globe on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- Adhere black pentagons on globe by peeling back corner and applying glue. Let dry.
- Insert battery-operated tea light in globe.
- 1. Add a mini-strand of white holiday lights for a brighter desk light to use when doing homework or reading!