Kitchen Tools Jar
- Glass quart jar
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Black, White, Antique White, Nightfall Blue, Spice Brown
- Delta Ceramcoat Crackle Medium
- All-purpose sealer
- Satin varnish
- Paintbrushes: flat, round, liner, large and small shaders
- Sponge scrap (optional)
scissors, pencil, transfer paper, toothpick, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, use flat brush to apply one coat sealer to outside of jar. Basecoat jar Black.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply crackle medium to jar. Use large shader brush and Antique White to paint jar. (Note: Load paintbrush heavily. Apply only one coat of Antique White. Do not paint over areas that have already been covered or paint will lift. For a smaller cracked appearance, use sponge and apply paint heavily over surface.)
- Print out pattern. Transfer pattern to center front of jar.
- Use round brush to paint the following: flour bag and measuring cup White; bowl Nightfall Blue; spoon handle Spice Brown. Use liner brush and Black to outline shapes, write “Flour” on flour bag and add accents. Add swirl lines to bowl with White. Use Nightfall Blue and liner brush to paint “Kitchen Tools”; add dots to ends of letters with handle end of paintbrush or toothpick.
- Apply two coats varnish to jar. Tie raffia into bow around rim.
- 1. Applying a water-based or polyurethane varnish will give your jar a protective coating. Some oil-based varnishes may yellow. Polyurethane varnish provides a durable protective layer that is easy to clean and will give your jar added sheen.