1 Card, 3 Ways: Springtime Greetings Trio
- Stamper’s Select White card stock
- Spring-themed patterned pack
- White taffeta ribbon (Stampin’ Up!®)
- Foam adhesive dots
- Stamps: Daisy Canopy, Spring Chick,
Chick/Egg Trio (Elzybells Art Stamps); Easter Greetings, Happy Day (A Muse Artstamps); Simply Sentiments set (Lizzie Anne Designs)
- Ink pads: Jet Black StazOn® (Tsukineko); Classic Stampin’ Pads in Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink (Stampin’ Up!®)
- Markers: black fine-tip; COPIC® Cool Gray (C1), Salmon Pink (RV42) (Imagination International)
- White gel pen
- Stickles™ Glitter Glue (Ranger®): Orange Peel; Stardust
- Piercing template and needle tool (Stampin’ Up!®)
- Rotary trimmer with scallop blade (Fiskars®)
- Make white top-fold card base. Using
photo as guide, cut 4-1/4” patterned paper square and adhere to card front.
- Cut contrasting patterned paper piece, approximately 3-3/8”x3-5/8”. Trim
one or more edges with scallop blade,
if desired; use needle to poke hole in
each scallop (Hello). For a different
decorative effect, use piercing template, needle and white gel pen to add faux-stitched borders (Happy Day).
- Cut a 12” ribbon length. If desired, color ribbon using broad tip of Salmon Pink marker. Cut ribbon into one 2” length and one 10” length. Tie longer length around paper piece as shown, inserting short length before finishing knot to create a bow. Trim ends and adhere panel to card.
- Stamp Jet Black image onto white card stock. Color image using Watercolor Technique. Use black marker to draw floor line in Chick/Egg Trio image. Outline colored areas with Cool Gray marker to add depth.
- Trim and mat stamped image on contrasting patterned paper. Stamp sentiment, using photos as guides. Adhere mat to card, over ribbon, with adhesive dots.
- Embellish flower centers, eggs and
other areas with glitter glue as desired; let dry.
- 1. Press closed lid of Classic Stampin’ Pad down against ink pad, creating small pool of color in lid. Open lid
and use blender pen, water brush or small, damp paintbrush to lift ink
from lid and apply to stamped image.
(Technique information courtesy of Stampin’ Up!®, stampinup.com)
- 1. Stick to one basic layout when creating multiple cards to ensure efficiency.
- 2. Create a dozen cards and package in a pretty basket for a thoughtful birthday gift.
- 3. Try colored pencil, marker or chalk to vary the look of the main image.
Easter Greetings Card
Happy Day Card