Gardening Girlfriend Gift Set
- Clay pot, 4”
- Styrofoam Brand Foam Ball (Dow) to fit clay pot
- Metal garden stakes (Target), two
- Wooden dowels, two
- Crinkled brown paper shred
- Cardstock: white; red; light green; yellow
- Houndstooth digital patterned (My Favorite Things)
- Waterproof Labels (Gina K. Designs)
- Small pearl brads (Queen & Co.), two
- Small white flowers (Prima), two
- Ribbon: thin red/white gingham; light green grosgrain
- Light green button
- Stamp sets: Can Ya Dig It? and Behind the Scenes (My Favorite Things); alphabet
- Ink pads: Black Brilliance (Tsukineko); red, olive green and light blue dye
- Indoor/outdoor acrylic paint: red; green
- Prismacolor colored pencils (Sanford)
- Copic markers (Imagination International)
- White Signo Gel Pen (Uni-ball)
- Odorless mineral spirits
- Paper blending stumps
- Punches (Stampin’ Up!): 1-1/4” and 1-3/8” Circles; Tab; Slit; Word Window
- Paper piercer and mat
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Paint pot red; let dry.
- 2. Stamp red polka dot background on white cardstock. Cut strip to fit pot rim; adhere. Note: This stamped cardstock will also be used for flower pokes and card so stamp extra.
- 3. Adhere gingham ribbon around pot rim. Tie green ribbon bow and glue to front of rim. Glue foam ball into pot. Add crinkle paper shred on top of ball.
- 4. Cut dowels to 8” to 10” long and paint green; let dry. Punch eight red tab shapes for each flower; dot borders with white gel pen. Punch polka dot 1-1/4” circle and yellow 1-3/8” circle for each flower center; adhere circles together. Adhere petals to backs of centers; adhere completed flowers to dowels. Punch two more polka dot circles and adhere to center back of each flower, over dowel. Insert dowels in pot.
- 1. Stamp images on waterproof labels; create text with alphabet stamps. Color with markers and trim to fit stakes. Adhere labels to stakes and stick into pot.
- 1. Make green top-fold card base. Create red scalloped cardstock strip using slit punch.
- 2. Pierce border along top edge of card base. Cut and adhere digital paper and stamped polka dot strip to card. Adhere scalloped border piece.
- 3. Stamp main image on white cardstock and again on digital paper. Lightly sponge background with blue ink. Cut out hat from digital paper and adhere to main image. Color rest of image with colored pencils; cut out. Mat on red cardstock and adhere to card with foam dots.
- 4. Color paper flowers with red marker; insert brads and adhere to hat. Cut piece of green cardstock into grass by snipping to edge; adhere to bottom of stamped panel. Glue green button to upper right corner.
- 5. Stamp watering can on white cardstock; color with markers and cut out. Adhere to card with foam dot.
- 6. Stamp green sentiment on white cardstock; trim. Punch red word window shape. Edge tag with green ink and mount on red word window. Knot short gingham ribbon length and glue to end of tag. Adhere tag to green button. with foam dot. Tie gingham ribbon around card front.
Gardening Girlfriend Gift Set