Witch’s Hat Door Décor
- Elmer’s White Foam Board, 20”x28”x3/16”
- Cardstock: black, green glitter
- Repurposed or vintage fashion pin
- Adhesive-backed rhinestones
- Hanger of choice
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Serif Essentials Letter Dies
- Elmer’s X-ACTO #11 Craft Knife
- Elmer’s Medium-Tip Painters Markers: Orange, Black, Green
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Tacky Glue, Permanent Tape Runner
cutting surface, pencil, sanding block
- Print ou patterns. Trace patterns onto foam board.
- Use craft knife and cutting surface to cut out shapes on traced lines. Remove rough or jagged edges by smoothing with sanding block.
- Color in star and bottom of hat using Green paint pen. Use Black paint pen to draw 1/2” polka dots on hat; color around polka dots with Orange paint pen. Color hat brim with Black paint pen. Let dry.
- Use die-cutting machine and letters to cut “scary” from black cardstock. Use double-sided tape runner to adhere letters onto bottom of hat. Line edges on bottom of hat with adhesive-backed rhinestones.
- Glue star to wrong side of glittered cardstock. Use craft knife to cut around edges of star. Adhere star onto tip of hat using tacky glue. Press adhesive-backed rhinestones onto center of star.
- Adhere bottom of hat onto hat and hat brim onto back of hat using tacky glue. Adhere fashion pin onto hat. Attach hanger of choice onto back of hat.
- 1. When cutting foam board, use the “three cut rule.” Cut once on line creating a light score. Cut again on line to deepen score. Finally, cut again on line all the way through foam board, cutting out shape completely.