- White mini-light garland
- Small plastic cups
- Wiggle eyes, 7mm
- Purple chenille stems
- Orange yarn
- Black pony beads
- Dimensional paints: orange, light green, black
- Multi-color fine glitter
- Paper punch
- Foam brush
- Beacon Adhesives: Fabri-Tac, Liquid Laminate
scissors, sponge scrap, foam plates, plastic bag (to cover work surface), craft knife
- 1. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to dab light green paint onto outside of cup. Let dry.
- 2. Pour small amount of Liquid Laminate onto foam plate. Sprinkle glitter onto plate and mix with foam brush. Use brush to apply mixture over light green paint on outside of cup. Let dry.
- 3. Use Fabri-Tac to adhere eyes onto center of cup (body). Let dry.
- 4. Use black paint to draw zigzag mouth and eyebrows onto face. Dot body with orange paint. Let dry.
- 5. For legs, cut two purple chenille stems into eight equal lengths. Thread pony bead onto each leg; bend end to secure. Punch four holes on each side of cup, 1/2” from rim. Insert legs into holes; bend end and spot glue to secure. Bend leg down.
- 1. Use craft knife to cut “x” into top of each spider. Insert mini light into each spider.
- 2. For hair, wrap 6” of yarn around fingers 12 times. Slide bundle off of fingers; tie piece around center. Cut loops and trim ends. Adhere hair bundle onto top of each spider. Let spiders completely dry before plugging light strand into outlet.
- 1. If you’re working with a large group of kids, have each take one part of the instructions to easily make strings of spiders using your own assembly line!