Aim For The Stars Cowgirl Set
- White gift bag, 6"x9"
- Cardstock: cream; dark brown
- Patterned (Cosmo Cricket): multi stripe; dark beige; tan
- White tissue
- Antique copper brads, 10
- Antique copper eyelets, nine
- Hemp cord
- Brown paper ribbon
- Stamp sets: Ride 'Em Cowgirl (My Favorite Things); alphabet
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): Black Brilliance; Timber Brown StazOn
- Prismacolor colored pencils (Sanford)
- Scor-Pal and Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)
- Eyelet setting tools
- Punches: small star; large star; circle, 1/2"
- Paper piercer
- Foam adhesive squares
- 1. Remove handles from bag. Cut tan paper to size of bag front. Pierce border around edge and adhere to bag. Repeat for backside of bag, if desired. Cut smaller cream and dark beige mats. Use Scor-Pal to make decorative score lines on dark beige mat. Adhere mats to bag.
- 2. Cut large star from dark brown cardstock and adhere to bag.
- 3. Use black ink to stamp main image on cream cardstock; ink edge black. Re-ink and stamp image again on tan paper, dark beige paper and dark brown cardstock. Cut out boots from tan paper and skirt from dark beige; cut skirt trim from dark brown cardstock. Adhere pieces to stamped panel. Color arms, legs and ground with colored pencils. Cut length of hemp and coil into lasso; glue to panel below hand as shown.
- 4. Mat stamped panel on tan paper; insert brads at each corner. Adhere panel to card.
- 5. Cut strip of striped paper to fit across bottom of bag with some overhang. Punch seven large and eight small stars from assorted papers and cardstock. Punch three circles from paper or cardstock. Layer stars and circles at bottom and secure with brads; adhere to striped strip with foam squares. Adhere strip to bag with foam squares.
- 6. Layer remaining small and large stars, except one small star; insert eyelet in each center, joining stars to top of bag at front and back. Braid hemp and thread through eyelets for handles; knot at front and back of bag.
- 7. Stamp brown sentiment on cream cardstock; cut into small tag shape and ink edges. Join remaining small star to end of tag with eyelet. Tie tag to hemp handle with paper ribbon.
- 8. Stamp brown badge images all over white tissue paper; let dry. Insert tissue in bag.
- 1. Make cream top-fold card base. Cut 4-1/4"x5-1/2" tan paper and adhere to card front. Cut smaller cream and dark beige mats; pierce lines across dark beige mat. Adhere mats together.
- 2. Set eyelets in mat corners. Cut two hemp lengths. Insert hemp through one hole, across back of mat and out through second hole; knot hemp at front of eyelets and trim excess. Repeat. Adhere mat to card.
- 3. Repeat Bag Step 5 to create star strip; adhere to card. Stamp sentiment at bottom.
Aim For The Stars Cowgirl Set Card