Leather & Button Pillow
- Muslin fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Eco-Craft Eco-Friendly Fiberfill
- Tandy Leather Factory Odd Lot Sides Assorted Colors Leather (9830-70)
- Assorted tan buttons, 16
- Sewing machine and thread
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz 3-D Fringed Flower Die
- Beacon Adhesives Quick Grip Glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, straight pins, sewing needle
- Cut muslin fabric into two 14-1/2”x14-1/2” squares. Pin squares, with right sides together, along three sides, leaving one side open for stuffing.
- Use 1/4” seam allowance to sew squares together using sewing machine, stopping 1/4” away from corner. If your sewing machine has a needle down function, use it to pivot pillow cover 90˚. If your sewing machine does not have a needle down function, carefully pivot pillow cover without pulling too much thread from bobbin or needle.
- Trim off excess bulk in corners. Turn right side out and stuff with fiberfill. Hand sew opening closed or use sewing machine to finish open edge.
- Position leather on die cut machine. Die cut 16 flowers from various colors of leather in small, medium, and large shapes following manufacturer’s instructions. Randomly mix and match small, medium, and large flower shapes in different colors together. Apply glue between flower layers; press together to adhere. Let dry.
- Use needle and thread to attach button onto center of each flower.
- Use pencil and ruler to mark placement of flowers on pillow front. Use needle and thread to attach flowers onto pillow front by sewing bottom layers onto pillow. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 1. Mark button placement after pillow is stuffed. In case your sewing is a bit off, you can correct by altering button placement if needed.