Steampunk Bib Necklace
- Eco Green Crafts Recycled Chipboard Die-Cuts Collections: Sprockets, Washers
- Antique bronze large-link chain, 5” lengths, two
- Antique bronze findings: jump rings, 11; clasp
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- Needle-nose pliers
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Paints: Pewter, Emperor’s Gold, Bronze; Lamp Black Americana Acrylic Paint
- Découpage medium
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
container of water, pencil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), double-sided tape
- On covered work surface, place six large sprockets (base pieces) and nine smaller sprockets and washers (top pieces). Paint all pieces Lamp Black. Let dry. Turn all pieces over and paint Lamp Black. Let dry. See Photo 1, Photo 2, and Photo 3.
- Paint base and top pieces Pewter, Emperor’s Gold, and Bronze. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. Let dry. See Photo 4 and Photo 5.
- Coat front and back of each piece with découpage medium to seal. Let dry.
- Adhere pieces together by stacking top pieces on base pieces using paper glue. Let dry.
- Position shapes with three on top row, two on center, and one on base on work surface.
- For top row, use hole punch to punch holes on edges in top left and right corners of shapes and on bottom center of outer left and right shapes. See Photo 6. Align shapes in row and use pencil to mark holes on inside edges of shapes; punch holes through marks. Attach jump rings through holes linking shapes together. Attach 5” chain length to jump ring and jump ring through hole on top corner of left shape. Repeat process for right side using other 5” chain length. Attach clasp ends with jump rings on each end of chain length.
- For center row, align row below top linked row. Mark with pencil where jump rings will attach top row to center row and center row across. Punch holes and attach pieces together using jump rings. Repeat process to join bottom base shape to center row using jump rings.
- 1. For ease in painting edges of chipboard shapes, use double-sided tape to hold shapes on covered work surface.