Frosted Fall Necklace
- Ranger Inkssentials Memory Products: Memory Glass, 1”x1”; Antique Copper Memory Frame, 1”x1”
- Antique copper findings: chain, 1” head pin, spacer bead
- Antique copper wire, 22-gauge
- Glass beads: orange, two; green, six
- Magenta Peel Off’s Flowers in Squares Stickers
- Tools: wire cutters, round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Sunset Orange, Meadow, Cranberry, Sunshine Yellow, Espresso
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Fillable Pens, six
- Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl Pigment Powder
small paintbrush, palette, bone folder, tweezers, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Place desired outline sticker onto one glass piece; burnish edges well with bone folder.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fill five pens with five different alcohol inks; fill sixth pen with blending solution. Using photo as guide, color in open areas of design with markers. Use blending solution marker to “erase” any mistakes and to remove excess color.
- Using tweezers, carefully peel up sticker; save for use on another project, if desired. Let inks dry.
- To add shimmer to design, mix Perfect Pearls pigment with small amount water on palette to create creamy consistency. Apply mixture over painted glass, covering entire surface; alcohol inks will resist pigment. Let dry.
- Place two pieces of glass into frame, sandwiching painted surface in center. Close frame, adding second split ring to opposite side of frame from first; additional split rings are included in frame packaging.
- Thread one green bead, copper bead, and second green bead onto head pin. Use pliers to bend small wrapped loop into wire at top of beads; trim excess wire. Thread loop onto bottom split ring; close ring.
- Cut chain to desired length; chain should slip easily over head when attached to pendant.
- Cut two 1-1/2” wire lengths; thread green, orange, and green beads onto center of each wire. Use pliers to bend small wrapped loops into ends of wire lengths. Attach loops to chain ends and top split ring on pendant; close rings.
- 1. Turn this pretty glass accent into a magnet and adhere to a handmade card. Instead of placing glass in a frame, wrap the edges with Memory Foil Tape, then adhere to card with a clear dot.