Santa Claus Stocking
- 16”x20” Delft Blue 14-count Aida (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 6-strand Satin Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (03040) (Wichelt Imports Inc.)
- Mill Hill Mag Bead (10028) (Wichelt Imports Inc.)
- Backstitch/Straight Stitch: >2 strands
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- French Knot: >1 strand wrapped two times
- Stitch design centered on fabric.
Attach beads with floss. Trim stitched fabric 1/4” from stitching. Cut three pieces of backing/lining fabric with
right sides together. Position fabric under stocking and cut to shape. Layer stitched fabric, cording, and one piece backing fabric right sides together. Stitch with 1/4” seam allowance. Turn right-side out. Layer remaining two pieces of fabric with right sides facing; sew seams leaving top open and a small gap at bottom (this becomes stocking lining).
- Turn right side out. Place stitched stocking inside lining stocking;
sew top edges with 1/4” seam allowance. Turn lining inside stitched stocking; press stocking. Slipstitch lining seam closed.