Joy To The World
- 10”x10” Gold Finch 28-count Linen (R&R Reproductions)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (Anchor)
- 6-strand Hand-dyed Embroidery Floss – Weeks Dye Works
- #4 Braid (221) (Kreinik Mfg. Co., Inc.)
- 3”x3” Merlot Hand-dyed Wool (Weeks Dye Works)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (3436) (Wichelt Imports Inc.)
- World Button (Just Another Button Co.)
- Pins or Fabric Glue Stick or Fabric
- Chenille Needle for Wool
- Cotton Fabric for Backing
- 8” piece of 1/8” Gold Ribbon
- Algerian Eyelet: >2 strands
- Backstitch/Straight Stitch: >1 strand
- Chain Stitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- Elongated Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- Queen Stitch: >1 strand
- Scotch Stitch: >1 strand
- Smyrna Cross: >2 strands
- Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. Draw 2” diameter circle on freezer paper. Cut out freezer paper
template slightly larger than traced
outline. Place template on piece of
wool and cotton fabric backing.
- Shiny Side Down. Set dry iron on wool
setting and press. The heat of iron
will make template stick to wool. Cut out wool template at traced template line. Lay wool template on backing fabric (wrong sides together). Cut out cotton fabric.
- Stitch STARS freehand on wool circle using Antique Gold #4 Braid. Use pins, or fabric glue stick or fabric basting spray to hold pieces together. Stitch edge of wool and backing fabric with buttonhole stitch.
- Tack ornament in place with Anchor #45 with long stitches directly over buttonhole stitch on wool through linen. Embellish ornament by tacking 1/8” gold ribbon tied in a bow as seen in picture.